Holy Cross District High School provides a quality Catholic education for all of its students through the deeply rooted commitment of the Holy Cross school community to education, diversity, family and religion.
|Education:||Holy Cross has a strong educational program geared to the needs of all its students.|
|Diversity:||Holy Cross is proud of its diversity in accepting all of its students and challenging them to grow in acceptance of themselves and others.|
|Family:||Holy Cross is a caring family of teachers, staff, parents, and students not only of the present, but also the past, building together the future of Holy Cross.|
|Religion:||Through the call of Jesus in loving service to one another, Holy Cross stresses dedication to a vibrant faith-life through programs of service, community worship, spiritual days of reflection, and traditional instruction in the faith.|
“Holy Cross High School is a place that demands everything you can give,
and nothing less, and in return gives you undying loyalty and friendship.”
-Speech on Leadership Day, 1998 by Mrs. Susan Schlarman, a former teacher now deceased.
Philosophy and Objectives
As a Catholic institution, Holy Cross High School exists to provide each student with an atmosphere of responsible freedom in which he/she can develop those attitudes, skills, and abilities which will enable him/her to live as a good Catholic and a good citizen. Thus Holy Cross High School aims to achieve the following goals:
- To develop and environment of high academic expectations that maximizes each student’s potential and opportunity for learning.
- To accept the varying abilities of all students and encourage each person to reach his/her potential through a well-balanced curriculum.
- To develop in each student the ability to apply learned skills and knowledge to the world of work and other life experiences.
- To have parents and faculty work together to help develop in each student a sense of personal worth, responsibility, self-discipline, and initiative which lead to internalized learning and living the Gospel values.
- To provide a value-centered environment in which each student can develop a meaningful relationship with God and others through instruction, prayers, and sacraments.
- To help students become aware of their value to the community and encourage their participation in community service projects.
- To meet standards set for secondary education by the State Board of Education, the school board of Holy Cross High School and those requirements set by the universities and colleges.