Moderator: Dave Groneck
Intramural basketball is open to any student not involved in a winter sport.
Intramurals fosters teamwork and amusement for all students involved.
Rules of Conduct and Participation
- Intramural basketball is a school function. Therefore, all school rules apply.
- Students who participate in intramurals represent our school and are expected to use appropriate behavior.
- Students may not play if absent from school the day of a game.
- The “Student Smoking tobacco Policy” will be enforced.
- Arguing with officials will not be tolerated.
- Team captains are responsible for the behavior of the members of their teams.
- Games will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week. There will be no games during exams or during Christmas break.
- Games will be played at Trinity Methodist Church on the corner of Church St, and Southern Ave.
The court is small so teams will be 4-on-4.
- The league will last 9 weeks plus tournament.
- The cost per player will be $20.00 and needs to be in at the time of sign-up.
- Games will start at 3:15 with the last game starting at 4:10.
- Everyone must complete an emergency form.
- Players are responsible for their own transportation.
- Any player who cannot come to the game must notify their team captains.
- If a player cannot wear their team jersey they must wear a shirt of similar color.
- If school is cancelled, or if we have an early dismissal because of weather, all games will be cancelled also.
- Games are 40 minutes in length. Two halfs, each 20 minutes with a running clock.
- Team Captains are responsible to see that everyone plays during each half.
- Player fouls out on the 5th foul.
- Bonus after 6 fouls, there is no double-bonus.
- Each team gets two time outs during the game.
- Ties will be decided by a free throw shoot out at the end of regulation time. Best of five.
- Hard, intentional fouls will not be tolerated, and will result in suspension.