Each student meets individually with an advisor to discuss their course preferences for next year.
A letter of explanation will be sent home with a completed course request form that will be used to help design the student’s future schedule.
Students will have ample time to make changes to their elective courses or to meet with teachers with their concerns.
Class selections will be exported to Schoology by the end of the first week of May.
Parents must sign the scheduling form and return it to the office with a $200 registration fee as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st in order to hold course requests for the coming school year.
Note that course requests cannot be assigned to a faculty member or a class period until the master schedule for the new year has been created.
The master schedule will be produced in June after all faculty member assignments have been finalized. Any course conflicts based upon period assignments will not be rectified until that time.
Schedules will be finalized and sent to students at the beginning of August.
Senior students who qualify may have the opportunity to register for Spring classes at Gateway Community and Technical College, Northern Kentucky University, or Thomas More College. Courses are limited to those that are not offered at Holy Cross High School. If you have questions, would like more information, or would like contact information for any of the above institutions, please contact the school at 859-431-1335.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018
8th Grade Visitation to HCHS
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Scholarship Applications(mailed to feeder schools)
- Friday, November 30, 2018
- Saturday, December 8, 2018
2nd Open House
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Freshman Scholarship Applications
- Due in HCHS Office Friday, January 11, 2019
Incoming Freshman Scheduling
- Saturday, February 2, 2019
Math Placement Test
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 *by invitation only-based on test scores*
Academic Awards Night
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can a student transfer to Holy Cross?
- Yes. Students wanting to transfer from another school should contact the office at
859-431-1335 and the staff will be happy to help with the transferring
Are there scholarship opportunities at Holy Cross High School?
- Yes. See details on the Scholarship Opportunities page.
Does Holy Cross offer tuition assistance?
- Yes. You are required to complete a financial aid application through FACTS.
Please see the details on the Tuition Assistance page.
How do I set up a shadowing day?
- Just call the office and they can help you identify a date that is good for you
and your student.
What do I need to know about shadowing day?
- The students are dropped off before 7:45 am and picked up at 2:45 pm in the office.
They are provided lunch and can dress comfortably.
What is the average class size?
What percentage of students come from schools outside of the Holy Cross district?
How many college credits and advanced placement courses are offered?